Saturday, January 24, 2009

Shopping in the city

Today Zoe and I ventured into the city for a day of shopping with my mum. I discovered whilst looking for some new clothes for myself that it is damn hard to find shirts that are suitable for breastfeeding. There are many things you have to take into consideration - easy to pull up for a feed, patterns to hide the leaky boob stains, wide enough straps to hide the ugly maternity bra straps - it is almost impossible to find something that meets all of the requirements. I was lucky enough to find 3 tops, also two pairs of shoes, a skirt and a pair of shorts. A pretty successful shop if I don't say so myself - and to top it all off it was all purchased with a gift voucher that my mum gave me for christmas - thanks mum!!

After a hard day of shopping we sat down for a nice iced chocolate - pity there wasn't actually much chocolate in it :( - oh well the yummy cream on top almost made up for it.


Another thing to report - I am very proud of myself. I said I was going to move on from the planning phase of my craft business and get going on designing my first products, and I actually did start last night. Normally I would procrastinate for a long time before getting to this stage, so yay for me.

No comments: