Monday, February 9, 2009

Baking Mondays - Chocolate Mint Cupcakes


This weekend I asked Mat what flavour cupcake he would like me to bake and he requested choc mint. So I googled away until I found a few recipes that I was happy to try out. I found this recipe for chocolate cake and made it taste slightly minty by adding an eighth of a teaspoon of peppermint essence, the recipe made 22 small cupcakes. I then used this recipe for mint frosting and added just a few drops of green food colouring to make it look that little bit more minty, the recipe made more than enough frosting for all of the cupcakes. Finally I topped the cupcakes with a small slice of mint patty.

The verdict?

Mat - 8/10
Me - 6/10 (I think the frosting needs some work still)

2 comments:

drollgirl said...

gorgeous! my sister would die for this, as she is a maniac about all things mint. i'll be sending it to her for sure.

hope you are nowhere near the fires. it is all over the news in the news here (in los angeles), as we have huge problems with fires too.

Anonymous said...

We are not near the bush fires - completely safe where we are. Thanks for your concern :)