Saturday, March 21, 2009

One thing to check off of my kitchen wish list...

That's right people - I am getting a KitchenAid! I have longed for one for some time now. I think the novelty of using hand beaters for all my baking adventures has definitely worn off. I was going to squirrel away a little bit of money each week to save up for my mixer, but my ever so lovely husband told me that we could afford one right now! So I went online and ordered my very own KitchenAid. I chose the colour Ice since my future dream kitchen is going to be turquoise and red themed. It will be quite lovely when it becomes a reality, but that will be some time away.

I can't wait until it arrives it is going to make baking so much more enjoyable - and I will finally be able to make some swiss meringue butter cream. I'll have to give her a name once she joins the household too - there is something to think about!

8 comments:

apparentlyjessy said...

Gosh, we are so alike! I was planning on spending my government stimulus money payout (if it comes) on one of these beauties! I would love to know where you ordered it online from!? Oooh and a turquoise and red kitchen would be awesome.

Grammatically Delicious Designs said...

Congratulations. I have had a KitchenAid for about 10 years now. I couldn't live without it. I love it so much I bought myself the KitchenAid hand mixer, too. You will never be sorry. And that is the coolest color ever! I just have white. ;(. Maybe I should upgrade?

Danielle

drollgirl said...

oh you are going to LOVE IT!!!!! my mom got one early on in her marriage to my dad (they have been married over 40 years), and she recently gave it to me when my dad bought her a new one for a recent anniversary. it is still kickin! it is not the best color (avocado-ish -- very 70's!), but it still works perfectly. it is just a dream for baking and for mashed potatoes, and for all sorts of things.

i love the color you chose. you are going to work that thing!!!!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Hmmm I should name mine too. My color is Tangerine.... what should I call her???

JeLowe said...

I got my first KitchenAid stand mixer when we got married in May. It has not left my counter. It will be one of the best things that has ever happened to you. It's possible that I only got married so that I could have the mixer and my sewing machine. ;-)

Steph said...

Great choice! I love the artisan, it's the perfect size. I love making SMBC with my mixer.. I think it's part of the reason I love it so much.

Becky Farley said...

This is for sure on my wish list! Have fun with it!

Grammatically Delicious Designs said...

Just stopped back because of name for your KitchenAid just popped into my head. I think you should name her Franchesca and call her 'Franky' for short. Don't ask me why . . . I'm still trying to name my Kindle. Nothin'

Danielle