Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Breakfast - French Toast


So now that my mum lives next door to me and she has three lovely chickens it only makes sense that breakfast time should use up some of those lovely fresh eggs. The treat for today - french toast. Could there be a more scrumptious way to start the day?

French Toast (from Survival for the Active Family - Australian Institute of Sport)
Serves 4

2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
pinch nutmeg
oil for cooking
4 slices bread (I used raisin toast)
strawberries, to serve
maple syrup, to serve
  1. Combine eggs, milk, sugar and nutmeg in medium mixing bowl.
  2. Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
  3. Soak bread slices one at a time in egg mixture until saturated.
  4. Cook slices for 2 minutes each side.
  5. Serve with strawberries and strawberries.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Paris Pastry said...

How lovely! Sunday morning breakfasts are the most special meals to me! Topped with some strawberries; can't beat that!

Amanda said...

Alicia! I'm so glad you're back. : )

Becky Farley said...

Man I can't remember the last time I had French toast! Looks so tasty!

Levin said...

we had french toast today because we are inundated with eggs! so yummy though.....you really can't go wrong.
l
x