Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Day

Christmas

Well Christmas has come and gone, and I have to say it was one of the best ones I have had for a while. We started the day with the usual present opening, but this was the first Christmas where Zoe was able to open up her own presents - and she had a ball discovering all of her new toys. This year she was given a whole heap of play food, a tea set, the Fisher Price Little People backyard set, wooden blocks, a play toaster, a Dora the Explorer puzzle, some In The Night Garden books, a cute green pot and the big present from me...

Christmas

A play kitchen! A very fitting present I think from a mum who loves to bake - and so far Zoe seems to think that it is pretty cool (but not as cool as her new tea set).

I gave a Grace a few rattles and some toys for the pram, not much - but she seemed pretty happy with it...

Christmas

I was given a lovely towel set and some gorgeous new coffee mugs from my mother, a beautiful sarong from my sister, a sheet set from one of my best friends and a gorgeous little guardian angel and 'Dream' sign from my other best friend. The little guardian angel already seems to be doing its job in helping little miss Grace get to sleep. Thank you Auntie Leah!

Christmas

After all of the present opening we let Zoe play while we had our Christmas brunch - ham and cheese croissants. The rest of the day was pretty relaxed with a nibbles dinner (cheeses, dips, turkish bread and oysters) outside in the glorious summer weather, and then later lots of chatting, laughter and pavlova (I'll post the recipe for that later this week).

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too.  What did Santa bring you?

3 comments:

Levin said...

All I wanted for Christmas was a book and some chocolates, so I can spend boxing day lying on the couch, reading and nibbling - and I scored!
Our boys got roller skates (the real ones with four wheels) they were very excited :)
l
x

Kata Wagner Berg said...

Zoe is so cute!
You have a nice blog,and i like how you write!
For christmas I got a new camera,so I can take a nice pictures for my blog :)
Happy New Year!

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

Your darlings are both lovely, Alicia. Your brunch sounds very tasty, too. I got lots of lovely gifts, including a gorgeous elegant glass cloche that I'll have to incorporate into an upcoming food shoot.